Wednesday, February 4, 2015

THE PROPOSAL

I've been asked a fair few times to recount that romantic moment he got down on one knee, well, lack of...

It was a perfect morning, the snow was plenty and the sun was warming against my cheeks. As I was crawling my way across the fresh blindingly white snow, Sunny dropped down and lay on the snow with a little smile, saying "let's take a rest". I agreed and fell onto the snow also, as you do when you've got snowboard boots on.

He announced he was thirsty and started grabbing chunks of pure snow to eat. I was astounded at this sudden barbarianism. But then I was thirsty too, we were at the top of the mountain and there was nothing but snow around us, so what the heck. Not before long, we were both stuffing our mouths with snow.  

Suddenly, mid-way eating, he grabbed my hand while pulling out a little box from the breast pocket of his puffy ski jacket. He opened the box and in Cantonese (he usually speaks in Canto during these crucial life moments), he asked me those four words (pretty sure it was also four words in Canto).




Stunned, all I could say was "whaaat". It was totally unexpected. Even though we talked about marriage all the time, I often said, not this year, as I imagined I'd marry when I at least turn 27. Anyway, I started giggling for a while, and I think Sunny must have peed his pants from the angst! While giggling, I thought about who I wanted to be with for the rest of my life, and of course it was him so why wait any longer? And managed a YES! 


We spent the rest of the day with him beaming and me questioning why he didn't bend down on one knee, giggle. 


Lucky for Cloris and James, they were the first ones to find out! The rest of the world was second.





I forgive him for not bending that knee, it must've been hard with the snowboard, boots and all.



No comments:

Post a Comment